Saturday, May 5, 2012

DAY TWO -- May 2012 Release

What a full week! Hope you were able to see the cards and projects that the design team worked on. The gals are fabulous designers.

This May Release has stamps that will help with some of those masculine cards and scrapbooks. Father's Day is getting closer. This first set, CL-03740 Going Places Vintage Labels is perfect for birthdays, road trips, graduation, Father's Day, race fans and so much more! As I worked on this set I thought about my brother-in-law and his family. He and his two children rebuilt a Ford Mustang. They did a beautiful job. You should see the smiles on their faces when they get to drive it. I know that they will enjoy a card or two made from this set. I will post photos of them. (I think I am safe because my brother-in-law will never read my post.) 



Hope you enjoy the Violette Vintage Labels! This set has a special spot in my heart. My family moved to a large farm. We were living in Illinois where the soil is a deep black. Everything just seems to flourish in that soil. Near the front of the old Victorian farm house was a patch of violets. It had overtaken the area under the bushes under the bay window. One day I was sitting by the violets when I spotted ladybugs. As I pushed back the violet leaves it revealed a colony of ladybugs. It was amazing to see them. The red against the purple and white was beautiful. 

It also reminds me of my grandmother. We would pick handfuls of violets for her. She always made me feel loved when we brought the flowers to her. Her yard was full of violets, lilly of the valley, rose of sharon, daffodils, peony, bachelor buttons, Chinese lantern, bleeding heart and so much more.



The third set in today's reveal also is special! My oldest is graduating from high school in a few weeks!
I haven't made his announcements yet. I was waiting on this set to be manufactured! I can't wait to get them in the mail. Summer Words is perfect for all that summer activity. 




Hope you enjoyed seeing part of the May 2012 Release. There is still MORE to come!

Happy stamping!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Oh those violets are STUNNING! I think I'll have to order a set.

    ReplyDelete