Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bokeh Time Clear Stamps

Have you been wondering what "bokeh" is?

Here is an edited definite from wikipedia: In photography, bokeh...is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens.

I have been seeing the bokeh technique all over. We thought it would be fun to bring it to stamping too! Here are my Bokeh Time Clear Stamp cards. Both cards use the same techniques. 






These cards were so easy to make. I used three Memento ink colors. My desire was to have it look very out of focus so the emphasis could be on the words and the hearts. To achieve this I started with the Bokeh Polka Dots Cling Background Stamp. I used an ink dauber and a cotton ball to apply the ink to the stamp. I then used the dauber and the cotton ball to apply more ink to the outer edges of the stamped area. Below is what the entire sheet looked like before I trimmed it.



 

 

To stamp the words and the hearts I again used the 2 inks. I inked the lighter green color first then added a bit of blue to get a mix of colors. I liked it that the inks had the same bokeh feel. After I stamped the words in blue I stamped it a second time in the green. It was easy to align the clear stamp with the first stamped image. 



The gems and sequence were used to make it look like bright spots of light.

Here are some other color combinations that I played with. Each one looked so different. Love the Bokeh stamps. I stamped in one color. Then re-inked with a second color and rotated the stamp. I love the depth it gives.



I can't wait for you to see what the other gals have made too! They have such beautiful projects.

Amy Tedder   <--You are here!



Hope you enjoyed the cards. Happy stamping!

Grace & Peace,
Amy




2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Great cards. Love the colors, and the background stamp. Fabulous job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun working with the brighter colors. Trying the new technique was fun too. Hope you can play with the new bokeh style soon. It was very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete